Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of HVAC systems utilizing their knowledge of refrigeration theory, electrical schematics, pneumatics and electronic control systems, pipe fitting, welding/brazing and mechanical layouts. Required to carry out HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and building services work assigned by the Facilities Supervisor/Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out routine inspections of all electrical and mechanical systems, components, and related accessories of all NIPRO managed properties.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Undertake breakdown maintenance to electrical, HVAC and mechanical systems.
- Undertake installation of electrical, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems, components, and accessories on NIPRO managed properties as required.
- Undertake emergency procedures due to elevator malfunction, fire warnings, electrical blackout, and/or natural disasters.
- Perform general maintenance of all NIPRO managed properties as the need arises.
- Receive work orders, assess work to be carried out, prepare material list, and submit to the supervisor for approval.
- Troubleshoot to identify and solve electrical and mechanical problems due to unavailability of power to circuits/equipment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of HVAC systems and methods
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- A working knowledge of the principles and practices of HVAC, electrical and mechanical inspection.
- Ability to handle equipment and tools used in HVAC, electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
- Computer literate inclusive of Microsoft Office suite
- Valid Driver’s License
- Flexibility to work overtime/weekends, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Certificate, Professional or TVET Qualification in the HVAC, Mechanical and/or Electrical Field.
- Specialized training in HVAC, mechanical or electrical system maintenance.
- At least three (3) years working experience in commercial HVAC, mechanical and/or electrical maintenance.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications is 18th August 2023