The National Insurance Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Administrative Assistant -Finance to support its Finance function at its Head Office in Castries.
To provide administrative and clerical support to the finance department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan and prepare meetings of the Finance department.
- Take minutes during meetings and re-present same.
- Receive incoming correspondence, collect, and prepare necessary information for reply/action, draft routine responses and maintain a register of all correspondence.
- Schedule and maintain a record of meetings and appointments.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Type statutory financial statements.
- Update and maintain departmental operating manuals and procedures.
- Prepare/review administrative, accounting and finance schedules and reports.
- Assist with journal entry postings to general ledger.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- An Associate Degree in Business Administration, Office Administrative, Secretarial Studies or equivalent.
- Specialized training in Accounting Software.
- At least two (2) years practical work experience in Office Administration.
- Completed at least level 1 ACCA or equivalent
- Dale Carnegie certification would be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to leverage education in accounting to assist in review of accounting and financial reports.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Effective written and oral written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation, positive and professional demeanor, with ability to instill the trust of others.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualifications and two referees, should be addressed to: –
The Human Resource Manager
Position of Administrative Assistant-Finance
National Insurance Corporation
Francis Compton Building
Deadline for applications is September 20, 2022.
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.