The National Insurance Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Investment Officer to complement the functions of its Investment Department at its Head Office in Castries.
To provide support in the administration of the Investment Portfolio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Undertake analyses of the financial health of local financial institutions invested in.
- Liaise with local, regional, and international brokers to ensure completeness and accuracy of information and related documents.
- Monitor investments to ensure compliance with Investment Policy and Guidelines and terms of Agreement.
- Maintain schedules of all investments and report on maturing financial instruments and expiration of lease agreements.
- Inform the reconciliation of investment related accounting balances.
- Monitor IFRS 9 schedules and generate relevant periodic reports as required.
- Maintain register with up-to-date information on all NIC investments.
- Assist with annual external auditing process.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process.
- Undertake any other investment related activities that may be assigned from time to time.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Member of a recognized professional accounting institute such as ACCA, CGA or equivalent, or
- An undergraduate qualification or higher in Finance or Finance related field, with
- Minimum five (5) years relevant work experience in Accounting, Finance or Investment Management.
- Pursuing CFA qualification will be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of economics, financial and investment theory.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals
- Excellent organizational and time management.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation, dynamism, and reliability.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Deadline oriented.
- Knowledge of the International Financial Reporting Standards particularly relevant to Financial Instruments.
- Excellent computing skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and investment software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualifications and two referees, should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager
Position of Investment Officer
National Insurance Corporation
Francis Compton Building
Deadline for applications is August 24, 2022.
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.