The National Insurance Corporation is seeking to fill the position of Inspector to complement its team of Inspectors at its Head Office in Castries and Southern Branch Offices.
Summary of Duties:
To undertake activities to ensure that Employers comply with the relevant provisions of legislation governing the operations of the National Insurance Corporation and to conduct benefit claims investigations.
The successful candidate will be required inter alia to perform the following duties:
▪ Conduct audits in accordance with the approved audit program.
▪ Conduct ongoing route surveillance.
▪ Conduct investigations, interview and review benefit claims.
▪ Confirm application for self employed registration and Life Certificates when necessary.
▪ Advise employees and employers of their NIC responsibilities and provide assistance to them where necessary.
▪ Verify operating status of employers.
▪ Represent the NIC in court as required, in cases relating to matters of compliance.
Qualifications and Experience
▪ At least an undergraduate Degree in Accounting or equivalent discipline.
▪ At least 1 year working experience in accounting, auditing or related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualities:
▪ Ability to interpret the NIC Act and Regulations.
▪ Ability to work with little supervision and to function effectively in a team environment.
▪ Ability to interpret the financial statements of contributing companies and to negotiate payment agreements with employers.
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills
▪ Coaching, counseling, negotiating and conflict resolutions skills.
▪ Excellent auditing, organizational and time management
▪ Must be self driven and results oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
▪ Must demonstrate sound work ethics.
▪ Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• A valid driver’s license.
Applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualifications and two reference letters, should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager
Position of Inspector
National Insurance Corporation
Francis Compton Building
Deadline for receipt of applications is April 14, 2023.
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.