The National Insurance Corporation Group (“the Group” or “NIC”) is seeking to fill the position of Internal Auditor II to complement the functions of its Internal Audit Department at its Head Office in Castries.
Reporting to the Head of Group Internal Audit, the Internal Auditor II is required to assist in assessing the Group’s corporate governance, risk management, and internal control processes and to report audit findings and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory findings.
The Internal Auditor II is also required to assist in developing the Group Internal Audit Work Plan.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Assist in developing an annual risk-based work plan for the Group.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive internal audit program, in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audits (ISPPIA) and considering the Group’s risk management framework.
- Assist in appraising the effectiveness and application of administrative, operational and financial controls, and the reliability of financial and operational information within the Group.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of the deficiencies noted during audit periods.
- Provide or assist in providing training, coaching and guidance to Internal Audit staff in conducting audits and other audit- related issues.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of Internal Audit reports to the Group Audit Committee as required.
- Assist in making oral or written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit examinations, reporting in writing the results of examinations and make recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory conditions, improving operations and reducing costs.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post graduate qualification in accounting/audit or at minimum, working on last level towards certification as a CIA, ACCA, CPA, CGA or CISA.
- At least four (4) years working experience in performing within an internal audit function or public accounting firm, preferably within the Insurance or Financial Services industry.
- Experience and/or qualification in evaluating risks, internal controls and information systems would be an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The successful candidate must, inter alia:
- Possess appropriate skills in internal auditing, and accounting principles and practices.
- Have considerable skill in planning and project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Have the ability to work confidently on his/her own and as part of a wider team.
- Have effective decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Have effective verbal and written communication skills including active listening skills and skills in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to conduct Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAAT) using the appropriate audit tools.
- Have knowledge of ISPPIA and Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualifications and two reference letters, should be addressed to: –
The Human Resources Manager
Position of Internal Auditor II
National Insurance Corporation
Francis Compton Building
Deadline for receipt of applications is April 5, 2023. Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged